mercoledì 25 novembre 2009

XenDesktop vs View

Today I try the new VDI solution for the two competitors.
For my opinion the Citrix XenDesktop product is a more advanced solution and have more features than Vmware View. First of all the client for the VDI on Xenserver is for all the OS client(Windows, Linux and Mac) instead View client that is only for Windows.
The server is more clean adn linear. I prefer the console of xendestop instead the Web interface of view.

I use for ESX server for the Hypervisor for the VDI VM. For connecting XenDesktop DDC to the vCenter and ESX I disable the SSL authentication for the /sdk access on the Tomcat server. I use this guide. I try the client on WinXP and on Ubuntu 9.10 and is all fine!

For View i use Win2003 for the Brocker and the client is a WinXp machine.

Italian

Ho provato le soluzioni VDI di Citrix e Vmware. Mi è piaciuta maggiormante la versione di citrix in quantop il client è multipiattaforma (windows,linux e Mac) e il server con la sua console mi è sembrato più lineare e "pulito".

Per il lab ho usato ESX come server di virtualizzazione. Per collegare ESX a xendesktop ho usato l'articolo sopra citato per collegarli senza usare SSL sulla partizione /sdk del tomcat server di vCenter.

aLex

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento