lunedì 4 gennaio 2010

Win 2008 R2 VM with PVSCSI boot controller in vSphere 4U1

Today I install a new VM in my test lan. I want to try the new features of the PVSCSI adapter also for boot disk. I install it on my ESXi machine. The creation of the vm is quite simple like next,next...
After power on the VM Win2008 disk don't find any disk for the installation

To load the driver for the disk I use the floppy image connecting the floppy device

and than I select the driver from the Windows installation program




After that I continued the installation until the OS reboots.
On the first boot I install the VMware Tools for all the driver.



That's all.

Just a little tips
The first time that I want to find the directory /vmimages in the Datastore I don't fint it! I log in over SSH and than I make a Simbolic link from the datastore directory to the original directory with this command
datastore# ln -s /vmimages vmimages
I think is a problem with ESXi. I don't have a ESX machine for check this issue. After the link I can connect the floppy image and all goes fine.

aLex

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento