venerdì 8 gennaio 2010

WinPE 3 and VMware driver

Today I create a new version on my personal resource kit of the WinPE CD. I use WAIK for Win 2008 R2 and Win 7.

I install it on a server Win 2008 R2 inside a virtual machine.
I just go thru the guide. I use the following command for the creation of the image

- copype.cmd x86 c:\winpex86
- copy c:\winpex86\winpe.wim c:\winpex86\ISO\sources\boot.wim
- Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:C:\winpex86\ISO\sources\boot.wim /index:1 /MountDir:C:\winpex86\mount
Add the driver from the vmware tools directory
- Dism /image:C:\winpex86\mount /Add-Driver /driver:"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Tools\Drivers" /recurse
Dismount the image and save the change
- Dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:C:\winpex86\mount\ /Commit
Create the ISO Image
- Oscdimg -n -bC:\winpex86\etfsboot.com C:\winpex86\ISO C:\winpex86\winpex86.iso

Dism is the new tool that comes with Win 7 and Win 2008 R2 and is used to manipulate WIM Image.

Now I turn on a VM with the iso image attached to the cdrom.

The VM has a Network card VMXNET3



and after the boot win winpe I can use it



This is useful because you can also use it with WDS (Windows Deployment Service= and create a custom image with the vmware drivers!

my 2 cents.

aLex

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento